Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Kid A by Radiohead

Kid A by Radiohead (2000)

Rating: 15
Best Song: Idioteque
Worst Song: In Limbo

     Here it is, one of the greatest albums of all time. It's among my 15 favorite albums, and in my opinion is the best album of the 2000s. Now, I really don't have much to say about Kid A that hasn't already been said, so I'll just make this quick. First of all, this is the album where Radiohead began to go experimental. At first, some people were confused, but as time went on, it seems that this album has been accepted as one of the all time greats. However, it's not as acclaimed as OK Computer (Though I'm not a huge fan of the album, although it's pretty good).
     This album is best listened to in it's entirety, where you get to experience the perfect pacing of the album. The only song I don't love is "Morning Bell", which seems to drag a bit for me, but the rest of the album is absolutely perfect. Yes, even the ambient song "Treefingers" because of the amazing atmosphere and imagery it creates.
     The best song on it is definitely "Idioteque." This song's got it all, great lyrics, great hooks, great bass, etc. It's just a really awesome song. It's fun to dance to as well. Another great song is "How To Disappear Completely," which is an absolutely beautiful song about handling hard times and depression. "The National Anthem," another highlight, is a song I didn't like at first, but as my appreciation for jazz music grows, the more I end up liking this song. Oh and the opening is amazing as well.
     All in all, this is one of the greatest albums of all time. Pick it up today; You need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment